Search This Blog

Thursday, July 16, 2009

INTELLIGENT ROUTE FINDING SYSTEM USING NOVEL APPROACH

Snapshot of Places Table


Snapshot of Distances Table

My ME project is about designing Intelligent Route Finding System using Novel Approach. Novel Approach is improvement of A* algorithm. The base paper for my project is : A Novel Approach for Intelligent Route Finding through Cumulative Proximity Evaluation. I have demonstrated my project by creating an application that finds shortest path between any two places in Chennai city. As described in the base paper, I have used Haversine Formula to find distance between two adjacent places. I have used Wikimapia site to find the longitudinal and latitudinal coordinates. But I have not made any comparative analysis between A* algorithm and Novel Algorithm. The source code files for this project can be found at: Madhu’s Google Site. But I have not uploaded the database files. The main algorithm is found at Novel.java file.

Software Used:
Ø MySQL Server 5.0 (Database)
Ø MySQL GUI Tools 5.0 (GUI tools to work with database)
Ø MySQL Connector/J (For JDBC)
Ø Apache Tomcat Server 5.5.27 (Web Server)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....